ASPECTS EMERGING FROM WP03
There seems to be low flexibility and feasibility of an entire best practice to the VET specifications. Existing best practices focus just on one or more specific transversal competences and none of the best practices allows assessment of all the listed competences in the framework. The typical examination (one-shot test) is insufficient to evaluate transversal competences and even though the best way to evaluate them is the continuous observation, an accurate mix of all the methods should be preferred. The propose framework is, applicable simple and flexible and it includes a simplified evaluation assessment scale from level 1 to 4. For each a qualitative definition is given.
CRITICAL FACTORS & OPPORTUNITIES
A point of strength on testing the Open Framework is the involved VET centres are project partners as well. Besides, the model is lean, easy to read and to understand. The weakness lays on the lack of remaining time for the implementation and on the fact that using best practices to evaluate transversal competences would need specific teaching requirements too. Nevertheless, it is a good opportunity to spread motivation for further teaching and assessment of transversal competences, though it is improbable to obtain reliable results from an only first application.
APPROACH TO IMPLEMENTATION 1
We will provide partners with Guidelines for the Application in VET centres with the aim of explaining the project, the context and the framework. It will help deciding how to choose and to apply best practices and finally, will also make a proposal on how to report results. The forms on support of reporting will deal with the setting of the framework, the results of the assessment and the feedback of the experience. The assessment will be value added if the beta tests are used in order to finetune the use of framework process.
b. Implementation Plan
There will be a table to plan the implementation on every VET centre. We will describe what, how and when we will do the implementation. And we will also mention the inputs that we need for the task and the outputs that we are committed to developing.
c. Forms for Reporting
There will be two types of Questionnaires to gather feedback from the piloting:
Questionnaires on the Open Framework
Questionnaire on the Impact
APPROACH TO IMPLEMENTATION 2 – THE PROCESS
- Beta Version of the Guidelines
- Distribution to the VETS for the implementation
- Implementation made by VET centres with the supervision of the partners
- Collection of the Outputs.
APPROACH TO IMPLEMENTATION 3 – DRAFT OF THE GUIDELINES
- Scope of the document
- Critical factors of the implementation
- The implementation flow
- The CompAssess Framework
- Indications on how to read the summary tables
- Output requirements and Forms
- Additional Resources
Note: There is a PowerPoint explaining the Implementation Flow
APPROACH TO IMPLEMENTATION 4 – APPLICATION BY VET CENTRES – PROCEDURES
The process we suggest for the implementation in the VET centres is as follow:
- Introducing the Guidelines
- Self check up of the VT
- Defining the aim of the assessment which competence
- Selecting the best practice or the part of best practice
- Selecting the best practice or the part of best practise
- Identifying the context and the applicable situation or creating a simulation
- Applying the assessment
- Reporting of assessment results
- Reporting of experience and guideline
- Collection of the results
PARTNERS & VET CENTRES
The partners and VET centres involved in the implementation will be:
- CompAssess project Partners (Tknika, NRC, SDSyd) and
- Some other external VET centre (IISS, SPI, Luigi Einaudi)
The scheduling for the implementation will be the one of the Gant Chart revised and approved in Tknika.
WORKSHOPS FOR PRE-TESTING THE OPEN FRAMEWORK
We form different working groups, with one of the beta test VET centres per group. As input we have the detailed Open Framework elaborated by Bolzano University, a matrix of the best practices, a summary of tables of best practices and a workshop paper. The output will be the workshop paper completed and the outcome presentation to partners.
The task of the workshop is to consider the Open Framework among partners and, after group discussions about the points asked in the WS paper, to compile it taking into consideration the given documents.
- Description of the Implementation Plan (this document)
- Framework of Transversal Competences – Matrix
- Work paper for feedback
- Implementation Feedback Questionnaire
- Questionnaire on the Impact
- Marsmallow example